I myself am procrastinating from studying by writing a blog post, and I decided I would help you all procrastinate, too. Thus, I dedicate this post to my favorite food blogs, which you may scroll through in lieu of doing your real work.
| Bakerella with none other than Blake Lively! |
1. Bakerella! This is probably my all-time favorite one. This blog is the one I look at when I'm feeling tired and depressed. And besides, the writer is the very inventor of cake pops, so about half of her blog is dedicated to those delicious little creations. What's not to love? (http://www.bakerella.com)
2. Cake Wrecks. How could you make a blog list without including this one? It's that one blog where the author puts up photos of hilarious cakes-gone-wrong. She also does "Sunday Sweets," which feature cakes-gone-extremely-deliciously-right. I think I may actually prefer that to the failed cakes. (http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com)
| photo credit: Lindsay Hunt |
3. Ffffood. This is my favorite food tumblr. It's mostly pictures, so it's perfect for when you say, "I'll only procrastinate for a few minutes! Look, I'm not even reading anything!" And who else could make a simple sandwich look so good (left)? (ffffood.tumblr.com)
4. Food Blogga. This blog has plenty of recipes, but it isn't only recipes. The creator (Susan C. Russo) adds a lot of information about the foods she cooks with (as in, eight different ways to cook baby eggplant), book reviews, and heartwarming personal stories. The blog has won a plethora of awards, too, which is pretty sweet (a ha ha ha). (http://foodblogga.blogspot.com)
5. Punchfork. So I suppose this isn't really a blog, but if it were, I'm afraid it would beat out Bakerella as my favorite food blog. In fact, it deserves a huge picture for its sheer deliciousness. Punchfork is a collection of all the trendy recipes on the internet, collected from various websites and food blogs. I've found plenty of my favorite recipes just scrolling through their lovely interface--they have this nifty icon system where you can tell at a glance if the recipe is vegan, vegetarian, or gluten free--on a lazy Saturday (procrastinating, no doubt). (punchfork.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment