We need food. As humans, we can't survive long without it. But more than needing food, we want it. We love to think about what we're going to eat, what we're eating right now, what we ate a few hours ago. We crave chocolate, tater tots, and sushi. We buy cookbook after cookbook. Food brings us together. It takes up our thoughts. Think about it: food dominates us.
But perhaps instead, we dominate food. We are the ones who create dishes. We are the ones who decide we hate green beans and love bananas foster. We choose where we want to eat, when, and how much to spend. Good or bad, we are, to an extent, in control of what we eat.
Whether we dominate food or food dominates us, it is still an integral part of our lives. And since we enjoy thinking about it so much, why not just dedicate a blog to it? Thus, without further ado, I present the Wayward Foodie: a blog completely and totally about food.
This is a very insightful post, Petra. When I opened your blog, I thought I would read a post about your experience with cooking or tasting a certain food. However, the attention that you draw to the impact of food on our lives is a great way to introduce your foodie blog. I can't wait to see what foods pop up on your blog!
ReplyDelete-Sherry
Hey Petra!
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited to read your food blog! You are right, food definitely dominates my life as I am constantly thinking about it! I'm excited to read your blog and get inspiration from it. The only thing I found difficult about your post was the font color. The gray was a little too light to easily read on the white background. Could you maybe make it a little darker? Otherwise it's awesome and I can't wait for future posts!
Grace Anastasio
I love food too! I should've thought of doing a food blog... Anyway, I agree, food is what shapes us and brings us together as a people. I'm so glad someone's doing a blog completely on food. I will totally follow yours (and please follow mine, lol).
ReplyDeleteI recently learned that while some part of eating is biological, humans eat because of their psychology, how their brains are wired. Apparently, there was a study of people with short-term memory loss, and they were told that it was lunch time at different times, and they just ate without thinking, since they thought it was time. Just food for thought. :)
I like this introduction to your blog, Petra! I look forward to reading more posts.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore all things edible (outside of beets, turnips, lamb, and daikon.) I look forward to reading all about the munchies you post!
ReplyDelete(Suggestion: The text is somewhat hard to read because it's light. Is it possible to make it darker?)
Petra, I'm pretty sure food dominates us. Last night I told myself, "No more eating, David. You're getting fat." But no, the Chicken Ramen in my cupboard kept shrieking for attention and just would not shut up so I had to punish it.
ReplyDeleteI'm practically a slave of food.
I look forward to your future posts. Perhaps you can save me from my habitual submission to food!